Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Just DO it

I love the book of James. It is a small 5 chapter book of the bible but it is SO packed with wisdom!! I read it again this morning as a reminder of how God wants me to actually act. It is filled with insights like, being merciful instead of judging. I like the verse that says the tongue is a consuming fire that needs taming. It talks about not being double minded and how Go called Abraham his friend because Abraham had FAITH and acted on it! Faith without works is dead! Which translates to me that is like having no faith. You also won't have the promises of God come alive in your life if you don't ACT on the promises of God. Does that make sense?

I came up w/...well God gave me this acronym, DO as in D. O. and it stands for DETERMINED OBEDIENCE. We need to be DETERMINED to obey God. No matter what our circumstance, no matter how we feel, no matter what others say, no matter what our small minds think. Why? Because God honors a heart that obeys. God moves when faith and action go together. God is blessed when we do what He says and love Him above all else. I want to be a "doer" of the word, and then wait and see what only God can do!

I want to encourage you today to just "DO" it! Be determined, set your eyes on the prize and persevere no matter what. Then see what your friend, GOD, will DO with THAT!!!

No comments: