Sunday, June 1, 2008

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY BABY!

On June 1, 1996 I married Michael Francis Shea. My very best friend. I actually said that in my vows...."I take you Michael, my very best friend, to be my husband". It was my grandparents' 56th wedding anniversary and a beautiful day for June in Buffalo NY. It was in the 70's and SUNNY!! Hey it had snowed 10 days before...NO JOKE!


Baby,

After 12 very eventful years I want to thank you for being my man. I want to thank you for being my best friend. I want to thank you for sticking with "US" when "US" was not good. I want to thank you for allowing God into your life and our lives. You amaze me everyday. You are a great daddy too. I love you more now than I ever have.

To those of you who don't believe in miracles, a Christian counselor told me to throw Mike out of our home to get his attention. I heard God tell me to be still and I chose the advice of God over man. I thank GOD for HIS voice, HIS Word, HIS power. I thank God for HIS mercy, HIS compassion, HIS forgiveness and HIS love.

I am excited about what the years ahead will hold for us as we follow HIS lead together. I know it will be more than we can think ask or imagine( Ephesians 3:20).

With all my respect,
Baby (nicknames...just roll with it)

No comments: