Wednesday, June 13, 2007

ANTICIPATION

One of my spiritual mentors received a word from the Lord for me ahwile back. I LOVE that when it happens. He called to say that God told him that I would receive the desires of my heart shortly. I was very excited. My excitement however immediately was replaced with, "what does that mean?" and "which desires?". I have alot of them.....

I then started playing the guessing game. Well, will it have to do with my desires for my family? Will it have to do with my ministry? What, when, where, how?
Then I realized God's definition of shortly is alot different from mine. To me, shortly is no more than a few days. To God 1,000 years is a day and a day is a 1,000 years. Then I got discouraged.

God's Word says if we delight in Him He will give us the desires of our hearts (Psalm 37:4). I already KNEW that, but why would God want me to specifically know that from my friend? All I could do was ask GOD.

My question went something like this, "God why would you have him tell me that when you know how it will drive me crazy wondering what you mean? Why get my hopes up when I don't know what, where, when or how?"

God's response to me was a great revelation. He answered with "I want my children to wait in eager anticipation for all that I am going to do." WOW God THAT is REALLY GOOD! So good that I had to share it. The other great thing is that it is very biblical! Psalm 27:14 in the Amplified bible says, "Wait and hope for and expect the Lord; be brave and of good courage and let your heart be stout and enduring. Yes, wait for and hope for and expect the Lord."

As His children we are called to live by faith and we trust in Him. So no matter what situation you find yourself in if you are being obedient then you can eagerly expect God to do something amazing! From my experience He may even give you some desires of your heart that you did not even realize you had! SO GET EXCITED!!

No comments: