Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Busy Busy

Ok I have been out of touch for awhile! Where to begin..... Well I mentioned that on Mother's Day our church baptized 209 people. The following week we did it again and between our 2 campuses about 426 were baptized! That was amazing!

My mom came into town during that time. My parents and grandpa are moving here. HURRAYYYY!!! SO my mom was house hunting and bought one. I wish I could say it was as easy as that sentenced sounded. We then went to Boone to see Beth Moore. If I can remember it all I will do a seperate post on that. The Blessings of Asher. Very interesting. Seeing her up close (I could have touched her) was incredible! Does she realize someday we will be friends?? No I am not a stalker, just a wishful prayer (Ephesians 3:20).

We celebrated our 11th wedding anniversary. THANK YOU LORD!!! My kids are finishing up school, they are all on the swim team which is too cute for words. I had a great meeting with a wonderful woman from Love and Respect Ministries yesterday. I invited all of the "Great Wives God's Way" graduates and 16 people came. It was a great time of sharing.

SO I have been out of touch and very busy. All with good things. Yet I have been feeling very sluggish. As if I was walking through quick sand that is over my head. WHAT is that?? I just want to go to bed for a week or three. This great man of God, Derwin Gray, once said "BUSY" means being under satan's yoke. I think that is true. When we busy ourselves with all sorts of things, even good things, we get drained. I had some "God time" but not as much as I like. I did not intentionally fill my tank with the proper amount of His Spirit to begin each day.

I am thankful for a forgiving & merciful God. HE is always there ready to meet us when we seek Him with all of our hearts. He is faithful too. I saw His hand many times throughout these few weeks even when I was looking more to my "to do" list than to Him. SO when I am sluggish and tired I will lean on this. I will also make my time with Him more of a priortity so that being too busy won't suck me into the quick sand of life!

No comments: