Friday, March 16, 2007

UNLEASHED

Mike & I returned from a great all day leadership conference called "UNLEASH" at Newspring Church (www.newspring.cc) in Anderson, SC. We went w/ other Elevation (www.elevationchurch.org) leaders and it was amazing! 50 FUN God loving enthusiastic "Elevators" in matching t-shirts hop off a bus to be encouraged in our church growth. Sr. Pastors "own the vision" which comes from God. That's right the man in charge of the building gets his "stuff" from the man upstairs. My Sr. Pastor Steven Furtick (www.stevenfurtick.com) rocks and his vision is right from Heaven. Not only that his vision "coincidently" matches what God has put on my heart over the last few years!!.....Just look "Elevation" and "Rise Above Ministry". Our Church's motto is to reach people far from God and bring them into the abundant life in Christ. OK....we started attending in November. Since August God has given me John 10:10 a total so far of 62 times!! "The enemy comes to steal kill and destroy but I have come that they may have life and have it more abundantly".......hmm abundant life in Christ....coincidence ...NOT! Who says God doesn't speak today??

The very first sermon Pastor preached was Feb 2006. I did not know the church even existed. He preached on who we are in Christ (From the series Core 1-6 check iTunes Elevation Church). At that time I was teaching a marriage bible study and alot of it was who we are in Christ!

So it is very easy for me to support my pastor and the vision God gave him. God was preparing me to support this vision by stirring the same thoughts and giving me the same burden. What an honor to support and help fuel GOD's idea! "UNLEASH" confirmed that too! There is a God given vision and then a team who supports it. Watching Newspring in action w/ 9000 church members was awesome...knowing Elevation will explode even more and being a part of God's work is SO EXCITING!

Thanks for including me in the conference Elevation! I am "unleashed" and ready for the ride of my life!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was a blast to serve you thursday. Let's go rock this world for JESUS