Friday, April 20, 2007

Can You Hear ME Now? Part 1

When I was in the 6th grade I remember thinking, "why would God speak back then and not now?" If He is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow, then He should still speak today.

Of course He speaks through His Word the bible. All scripture is God-breathed (2Timothy 3:16). I love how we can read a scripture one time and it says one thing and another time something else is revealed! But God is not in a box and He can use other means to get our attention.


My friends laugh at me because God speaks to me ALOT through T shirts. HEY, if He can create the earth and everything in it, then surely He can speak via a t-shirt or two! Need some examples? GOOD I was hoping you would!


1) When I was at a red light telling God I could not do the "respect stuff" in my marriage, it was too hard; a jogger ran by with this printed on her back!

2) When I was debating becoming a Southern Living at HOME consultant for extra $$ and to help with my public speaking for the ministry, I was in an Outback Steakhouse 45 minutes away when I turned around to see the lady behind me wearing a SLAH shirt. OK I had NEVER seen one before and have not seen anyone wear one since! Yes I joined and it was a great experience! I met one of my dearest godliest friends through it!

Still skeptical? OK.

3) While driving through WV I was wondering why God chose me to start this ministry or any ministry for that matter. A girl in a McDonald's playground had this on her shirt to answer my question.

4) God then took bigger measure when I was wondering about the name Rise Above Ministry. In Pittsburg on a BILLBOARD was a picture of the 16 year old surfer who lost her arm in a shark attack. It said "Me Quit?, Never" "RISE ABOVE". Did you know she is a Christian? Obviously God said "yes that is the name" and here we are!


There are several others, but God may not use a T shirt for you. I always pray for Him to make things VERY obvious so I don't miss Him. He may use a person to speak to you, a song (I did not know how many had "rise above" in them until I listened to Him on the name of the ministry). He may use your pastor or priest. You may find that page in the book that just "jumped off the shelf" that ministers to you. If you doubt it is God, ask Him to confirm it. He is always faithful. Stayed tuned for Part 2 on how I "hear" His still soft voice when a T shirt can't to be found!

No comments: