Monday, January 7, 2008

My Sore Toe

Hey the title got your attention didn't it? Here is the deal. I have NO clue what happened. All of a sudden horrible pain in my toe next to my pinky toe. I guess you'd call it the ring finger toe? It looks pretty useless if you ask me. Yet when it hurts it throws off your entire walk and your whole body.

"Funny" that today I was reading 1Corinthians 12:12-26. We are all part of one body! Jump to verse 26: If one part suffers, every part suffers with it; if one part is honored, every part rejoices with it.
Oh my body is suffering! Its as if I don't have a toe nail. SO I hobble along in flip flops in January...I HATE COLD FEET. How many Christians are hobbling through life today?

But isn't God just showing me through HIS word and through my circumstance that when one member suffers we all suffer. We are not able to accomplish all we were called to do and therefore we can't function at maximum capacity. Function for the advancement of HIS Kingdom I mean.

Who in the body do you know that is suffering? What can YOU do to comfort them with the same comfort that you received from God? There is nothing that hurts too much that Jesus can't heal. Show the hurting body who HE really is and you will walk, skip and jump with joy!

No comments: