Tuesday, January 15, 2008

My Squad

In case you did not know, it has been said that I have the gift of exhortation. I believe that to be true. I get so excited when I can encourage another person in the Word of God. I want to jump up and down and share some GREAT NEWS with anyone who needs to hear the TRUTH as God sees it and says it.

There is a flip side to me though. The cheerleader needs a squad to catch her after she is tossed high in the air. When I need to make a decision and I am waiting to hear clearly from God and things don't seem to make sense, I start dropping. Yes, I KNOW I am to wait patiently on the Lord. I struggle here.

That's when I count on my friends and mentors, my "squad", to pray for me and to give me their wisdom. I appreciate that they will catch me as I fall through the air flailing my arms and legs like a freak.

Thank YOU (you know who you are) for encouraging me, for being there for me, for advising me and praying for me! I thank God for you and I could not do what I do or do what I am going to do with out you!

Proverbs 15:22 says: Plans fail for lack of counsel, but with many advisers they succeed.

Thank You GOD for sending such strong people of faith into my life!

No comments: