Tuesday, January 8, 2008

The "Yes Man"

I have to just say a public thank you to my awesome Pastor Steven Furtick. I need to thank him for stepping out. I need to thank him for hearing God and doing what God asked of him. He is doing it and we get to watch God move. It's as if Acts 2-4 has come into 2008!

Our service this past Sunday saw the record attendance of 3500 people. Not too shabby for an almost 2 yr. old church that started when 10 families sold their homes, quit their jobs and moved here to start a church. (God honors faith you know). All the Glory to God and a huge Thank you to the man who said "YES" to God..aka..Pastor Furtick and those who moved here with him. God also saved 135 people Sunday! The total for 2007 was around 1050!! And YES there is discipleship.

I love our church and I love our God. He wants so much more for us than we even know. Click on the website and catch the sermon. It's a powerful message on divine destiny, hey we all have one!! Did you know that???

I remember going to the Billy Graham library and the parting video said "Look what God can do through one man who was a farmer from Charlotte, NC. what can He do through you?" Add "Look what God can do through a 27 yr old guy from Moncks Corner, SC." Then ask yourself, "What can God do through me?" They only thing to do then is say "Yes".

So thank you Pastor for saying "Yes" to God at all cost. I know it can be challenging with the responsibility, the critics, the logistics. One thing is for sure though, you are bearing fruit, fruit that will last. I am grateful to be a part of it and to watch a movement of God! I am grateful that watching God work through you encourages me to say "YES" as well!!

And GOD gets ALL the Glory!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

amen!! you say it well, my friend...! your love and excitement for our church and for our Jesus is always so contagious...
i love you!
jess