Wednesday, February 13, 2008

The Thumb Blast


I am quite proud of myself. Today they had a women's thumb blast event at work. How funny to say "work" when I actually get paid to do what I love...hmm

What is a thumb blast? Apparently it was a daring event shared by only the staff men at Elevation Church.....until.....TODAY!

That is right. Lisa Shea stepped up to the couch, along w/ Lori, Shannon and Jennica. Some bizarre hot sauce in a bottle, dabbed on the thumb. OF COURSE I got the chunks of some cayenne insanely hot pepper thing. Anyway the rules: Dab your thumb, rub your tongue w/ it, hold it for 30 seconds, then drink water. Oh and DO NOT TOUCH the eyes!

So with cameras flashing and video taping the three extremely tough girls blasted away. It wasn't so bad....at first. Tears rolled down a few cheeks...Lori said she was drooling, I was fine. Until...I ....swallowed it.

HOT FIERY strep throat burning feeling for about 30 minutes.

But I did it. I am almost old enough to be their mom, which is depressing....but I hung tough with those kids!! It was fun reliving those "double dog dare ya days".

No comments: