Saturday, February 23, 2008

MY BIRTHWEEK


I have NEVER been shy about my birthday. Ever. I tell anyone who might care and most who don't. I can't help it. The birthweek all started when I celebrated my birthday for longer than just one day. I would have a dinner w/ my grandparents on my mom's side. Then dinner w/ my paternal grandparents. Then dinner w/ my parents and brother. As I got older then there were celebrations w/ friends. Then add a boyfriend. So because having one huge event every year didn't work I developed the "birthweek".

My week officially kicked off last night when my awesome husband booked me a room at the Ballantyne Resort. A king size bed, a million thread count sheets, perfectly fluffy and way too many pillows and uninterrupted sleep. This all came after my favorite dinner of sushi. What followed this morning was breakfast in bed. Then a 50 minute Swedish massage. Her name was Lisa too, not Sven.

I forgot my cell phone and the internet hook up was $10. A rip off for what you pay for a room there. So it was me and my book and iPod and I was one happy camper. Mike and I had such a great time hanging out together last night and then he left so I could SLEEP AS LONG AS I WANTED!!!

You may think that is crazy BUT he is an early riser and I can't fall back to sleep if I awaken anytime after 5 hours of sleep. I slept until 9 am and did not HAVE to get out of bed. All moms know you HAVE to get out of bed eventually and usually sooner than we'd like.

As I was relaxing during my spa treatment I was overwhelmed with the feeling of love and deep appreciation. Love for and from my God who has been so AWESOME to me in this last year (my whole life really but I am reflecting yearly right now) to the over flowing love I have for my husband. He STILL, after 16 years makes my heart jump. Then the realization of where we were several years ago and how THANKFUL I am to God for restoring our marriage. Then I felt deep grief for those people who don't have faith that GOD will do ALL HE promises. Back to complete JOY for all that HE has given to me. HE HAS restored the years the locusts have eaten! I wonder if the masseuse thought it odd that tears were trickling. I sure did. Thank God it was dark in there!

Father,

I thank you from the bottom of my heart. I thank you for all you have done in me and through me. I thank you for my husband, my family, my pastor, my friends. Thank you for the challenges I faced that made You more real to me. Thank you for sending the women You entrust to me as I yield myself to your power. I do not take the role of child of God, wife, mother and mentor lightly. To whom much is given much is expected. I can not and will not do it without You. I humbly wait in eager expectation of all that You will do in this next year of my life! In Jesus name, Amen.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lisa, Nice post! I love getting a massage for X-mas or my Birthday. They are great!
We have so much to be thankful, don't we?!

Blessings!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to us !!!!! I LOVE that I share a birthday with such and AWESOME and WONDERFUL woman like you :)
Happy Day!!
Amanda McEwen