Thursday, February 18, 2010

Walking in Divine Health Part 1


Well it is that time of year where sickness seems to jump on anyone it can. I have been asked a lot lately to pray for people who are sick and can't seem to shake that nagging cough or the "oh no my kids have the stomach flu please not me" people.

I have been blessed to learn from God's Word how to actively walk in the area of divine health. Now before you send me nasty blog comments, I am going to tell you MY story and what I do. I am not saying everyone should do this. I am saying try it if you want. It has worked for me by the grace of God for 2 years. I am trying to get my kids involved as well. That is taking some time. 2 years and 3 kids worth of various ailments have plagued our home, one of which was the swine flu. That one did get contained to one family member out of 5, PRAISE GOD!

Another disclaimer. I believe God heals, period. The bible says so. Does everyone get healed? No. Do I know why? No. Does that mean I disregard what I know to be true because I don't always see the results I want? No. I take God at His Word. I understand His ways are not our ways and I pursue what Jesus gave his disciples authority to do. I then leave the results to Him.

Most often we don't pray and ask God to protect us before we are sick, we wait until we are sick and then we beg God to do something or finish us off (which I have done during bouts of a horrific stomach virus).

The first thing you need is a revelation from God. If you read Ephesians 1:17-21 you will see that the same power that raised Christ from the dead lives in you! If that is true why can't we get rid of the common cold?

So in today's first lesson. Get out your bible. Seek the Holy Spirit to lead you into all Truth. Ask Him to show you the authority Jesus gave you as a believer. Meditate on these verses:
Psalm 103:1-4
Isaiah 53:5
1Peter 2:24
1Cor 6:19

Stayed tuned for Part 2!

No comments: