Monday, December 3, 2007

Floss or Die

You know I am growing to hate the dentist. Really. From the time they numbed and drilled both sides of my brain, I mean mouth and my tongue swelled so I could not breathe, to this last visit. It went something like this:

"Have you been flossing regularly?" .....side note: 1)the hygienist knows by what she sees that I don't floss "regularly". She knows that in 6 months I flossed...THAT morning just so I could say "I floss". 2) I love God and I am in ministry and I desire to be obedient and never lie. SO my response was "not as regularly as I should."

That did it. Many tools in my mouth and I got lectured on flossing. "your gums are red and inflamed, had you flossed they would not bleed so much". WOW I felt like a dirty grimy slob. Then the kicker, "you know the number one killer in women is heart disease and that can come from bacteria in your gums from lack of flossing."

WHAT???? SO when I was able to rinse and spit I responded with, "so what you are telling me is: floss or die?" "Well yes" she said.

OK.....is that a BIT much? I will admit I am flossing daily now. Not because I could die but just to prove to the dentist that I can do it. I really wanted to ask her if
she knew Jesus. Then I could say "Jesus or Die right back at you." I didn't though. I would rather do it in a more positive uplifting encouraging way.

There really is no purpose for this post other than to remind you to floss and to consider HOW we encourage each other to do the right thing.

Gotta go floss.

No comments: