Monday, December 17, 2007

LET 'er ZZZZIP

I am back from the camp out AND PRAISE GOD I HAD FUN!!! For those of you who don't know me...I dislike camping, unless it is in a nice hotel. I HATE cold weather which is why I moved to NC from Buffalo NY! Worse yet, I HATE sleepovers with young girls who don't sleep. I NEED SLEEP. My daughter begged me to be a chaperone on this field trip. SO I filled out the form because I want her to SEE my love in action. I then begged everyone I know who prays...to stop laughing and pray!

Camping in December in 70+ degree weather, doing challenging obstacle courses, being a co-chaperone with a Girl scout leader who LOVES kids and camping….WHO SAYS GOD does not do miracles??? THANK YOU LORD!!

Lesson #1:
Prayer works!...COME ON...70+ degrees in DECEMBER!!!


Lesson #2:
Having a decent attitude is important. The weather forecast took care of one concern so I lightened up ALOT! Find out one good thing and focus on that. Then find someone more miserable than you are (there WAS one...she obviously did not appreciate the weather). It makes you realize how bad your attitude looked to others. Then pray for them!

Lesson #3: Ask God to speak to you about why HE has you somewhere you may not want to be. THEN GO and THEN LISTEN! This makes you more spiritually aware of what God may be inviting you to do!


Lesson #4:
The zip line.
As I was pushed off a 35 feet ledge to do the “zip line” in VERY high winds I felt ..FEAR. BUT I always wanted to do it so they strapped the protective gear on me. I saw the beauty of the lake and the soon to be setting sun and I was in awe of all God does for us. Once pushed off the ledge (sometimes we need a push because we aren’t brave enough to jump on our own), I felt for a few seconds what it was like to free fall. You are helpless. Then boom you are caught by the harness and you glide like a bird through the air. Isn’t that just like God? You need the push to do what He has asked you to do, you feel like you are free falling and then just when you think you will crash, He catches you and you begin to soar!!!! I was SO glad I did it! When you take the plunge for God, you will be glad you did too!!


Thank you for asking me to go Sydney! It was a blast!

No comments: