Wednesday, December 19, 2007

"PMA"

Camping entry #2:

Now I admit that I did not have a great attitude about our camping trip (see prior post). Well, until I found out about the great weather. I will say though that I did ask God to speak to me while He had me out there in the wilderness. He did.

When I got on the bus to head to camp, I was accompanied by several adult chaperones and about thirty fifth graders. One of the adult's arrived and immediately began speaking ill will. Pretty much everything they flew from this person's mouth was about illness, pain, kids being in trouble, calling the school to have kids picked up....etc. Now first I was somewhat happy to see someone who was more of a not so "happy camper" than me. Well I felt less guilty for my attitude. Then I was very sad for this person. Their attitude was made up before we left the parking lot. I was able to share with the 3 girls crammed in my seat, that we should not speak so negatively. These are biblical lessons. The bible tells us that our tongue is hard to tame and that out of the heart the mouth speaks. We are warned in Proverbs and in the book of James about bridling our tongue.

Being a bible encourager I took this as a sharing opportunity and prayed it would impact three young lives. Of course my daughter rolled her eyes at me, but hey this was a valuable lesson and God's word never returns void!

Later that day came "Wilderness Survival". The camp counselor asked the kids to name what we MUST have within the first 3 seconds of discovering we are trapped in the wilderness in order to survive. Air, water, shelter came AFTER this vital need. That need: PMA.
Your "POSITIVE MENTAL ATTITUDE" in the first 3 seconds of a crisis will frame how you handle a situation. HMMM a biblical principle for sure! You should have seen the look on the girls faces when I gave them the thumbs up and the "I told you so".

God just confirmed to them and to me the importance of thinking and speaking positively for proper survival! Remember, don't make assumptions based on how things appear.
Call those things that are not as though they were! Speak words of faith and His Truth. When we rely on what God says we will have all the PMA we need for our survival in our own wilderness!

No comments: